Here in Texas, we rarely get snow.
Instead, we can create a winter wonderland–indoors or out–with fake snow!
Science projects with fake snow
- Create aÂ sensory bin
- Illustrate the difference between a physical and chemical reaction: after showing your student how the snow absorbs water, let the water evaporate for a few days. The snow powder is the same stuff you started with.
- Teach the concept of Conservation of Mass. Weigh the snow before adding water. Add water, then let it evaporate. Weigh the snow powder again. It is the same.
- Demonstrate the concept of absorption
Decorating with fake snow
- Sprinkle on your Christmas tree, holiday decoration displays, and your mantle display
- Fill ornamentsÂ with fake snow
- Make waterless snow globes
- Use as a backdrop or as falling snow in your photography
Fake snow options
Super snow also makes a great stocking stuffer!